Our family

Our family

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Once a month cooking

So the last few weeks I've really been wanting to figure out how to meal plan a little bit better for our family. My search for good meal planning websites led me to onceamonthmom.com. This website was very intriguing to me and I have been looking forward to trying it. Well, today was the day. The BIG cooking day. The premise is that you cook a ton of meals in one day that should last you about a month. I went shopping on Thursday and got all the essentials (the website provides the list) and set aside the whole day today to cook. So, $191 and 10 hours of work later I have a freezer full of food. The recipes were ones that I have definitely not tried before. We have pumpkin chocolate muffins, coconut chocolate granola bars and harvest pancakes for breakfast; ham quesidillas, broccoli cheddar cups, taco soup and chicken wild rice soup for lunches; And chicken enchilada lasagna, chicken stuffing bake, stroganoff, turkey meat loaf, meatballs with gravy and salsa chicken for dinners. The only thing I think we don't have a months worth of is breakfast, but the lunches and dinners should last us. I can't wait to get into the month to see if this really saves me time and money! I will keep you updated. In the mean time, here are some pics from our day of cooking!





1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love that all the kids got in on it, too! That is awesome. I have to check out that website!

    ReplyDelete