Our family

Our family

Friday, August 12, 2011

The excitement is hardly containable.

Another exciting week deep in the heart of Texas.

This week I was focusing more on the content management system that HQ is migrating to in September. I have figured out a way to edit the web site and CSS in a web design product then update the public website using a automated tool. The web admins and the server admins seem to be are still debating if the solution will work, so I have a meeting on Monday morning with the key players where I will be laying out the groundwork for a new process of managing their public website.

The buzz around HQ right now is another restructuring and the open house for this new building. The HQ building I am in opened just a couple days before I got here. Next Friday, they are going to have a media open house and ribbon cutting. There is supposed to be all kinds of media outlets present along with lots of high ranking Army and Air Force people here. No has said that I have any duties during the open house, so I will continue to keep my head down and work on my two projects.

I am getting to know the a few teams really well here in HQ. I am working with them on web content as well as bird-dogging some issues from my regular job. The longer I’m here I am learning that a rumor is just that – a rumor. You can hear that something is “definitely” going to happen then later the same day, you’ll hear how it is completely not possible. I don’t think it is due as much to bad information as it is due to the changing nature of the organization. I am winding down my original project (update web content for IMCOM HQ), looking forward to being home in a few weeks for a whirlwind month of September!

No comments:

Post a Comment